- FOUNDING ENTITY: the IIC is an Institution that supports Associated Associations in their founding and development processes.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL: the contribution of works throughout the sixteen international congresses held, plus those related to the MERCOSUR Congresses of Costs and LATIN AMERICAN Conferences of Costs, constitute an unavoidable academic contribution.
- TRAJECTORY: the history, trajectory and background of the IIC, with are a sum of values throughout its thirty-two years of institutional life.
- CAMARADERÍA: the spirit of camaraderie is a distinctive element among the members of the IIC. It is perceived at both the institutional and individual levels.
- THE INTERCOST NETWORK: this network, since its creation, is a registered trademark of the IIC. It encourages work between institutions in different countries.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: it is given within the framework of its events, publications, training and communications.